Like everyone else out there I came out of the holidays with fuller cheeks and a rounder butt so I’m being a little more careful about my calorie intake these days. The other day I made this amazingly delicious flatbread that I feel it’s my duty to share with the world. It’s that good! It’s ridiculously delicious and only 536 calories (give or take, depending on the brand of products you use – I’m hooked on Trader Joe’s). So here it is:
– 1 whole wheat Lavash bread (240 calories);
– 2 teaspoons of basil pesto (40 calories) – I use the Genova Pesto
– 2 cups of arugula (13 calories)
– 1 cup heirloom mini tomatoes, halved (31 calories)
– 1/3 cup of organic Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained (67 calories)
– 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (120 calories)
– 2 teaspoons of slivered almonds (raw, no salt) (26 calories)
– juice from half of a lemon
– A pinch of salt, if necessary.
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Place the Lavash bread on a baking sheet and spread the pesto evenly. Bake for a few minutes until brown and crunch – it browns really quickly so keep an eye on it. While the flatbread is browning, mix all the other ingredients into a little salad. You can add a pinch of salt if you’d like. Once the flatbread is done, take it out of the oven and evenly spread the little salad over it. Use a pizza wheel slicer (works best if you have one but a knife will do the job too) and cut it in as many pieces as you wish. Now bite into it and enjoy!!!!